Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Waste Not, Want Not!



I love making recipes that call for fresh herbs, don't you? In the cooler by the vegetables, you can buy mint, basil and other delightful herbs. Unfortunately, I had a very big problem. I would buy the herbs, paying about $2.99 for each container. When I went to the refrigerator to get them, they were almost always bad. I hate wasting money, so I decided I would have to use dried herbs.

I went to the store one day, and started shopping. There, on the end of some of the vegetable shelves, I found the answer to my dilemma! Live plants! The best part-I can still use fresh herbs without waste!!!!

Although I live in a very small space-hey, it helps me live daily on less-but I found a special place for three plants. I now grow my own mint, basil and cilantro. When I am making something wonderful, like Bibambap, I head to the window and pick off all the mint and basil I want. What wonderful flavor the herbs add to the dish!  Each plant cost me $3.99 and I use it over and over again. Talk about saving money, increasing flavor and having greenery in the house-it is a three-in-one deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment