Monday, June 15, 2015

Messy Scissors Can Be Saved!



Have you ever used your scissors for something that left such a horrible residue you couldn't get it off? Me, too!

I used my scissors to cut duct tape for a project I was working on. I wanted a smoother finish than I was getting tearing the tape. It left a terrible residue. I scraped it off with a knife; I used a scubber with soap and water. I even tried my fingernail. When I was done, I thought I was going to have to throw them out. They were sticky and would not open and close with ease. I was ready to give up. Then I remembered my husband's trick for taking off sticky tags from books and other things. I decided to try it!


I took out the lighter fluid and squirted a little bit on a paper towel. One swipe over the scissor blades and POOF! The residue was gone, gone, gone! I wiped the blade with soap and water just in case trace amounts of the lighter fluid remained. My scissors work perfectly again.




No comments:

Post a Comment